The N.F.L.’s Racist Team Name
After Michael Sam, a defensive end at the University of Missouri, told The New York Times and ESPN that he was “an openly, proud gay man,” the National Football League wasted no time issuing a statement that was intended to show how open, inclusive and sensitive it is. Meanwhile, anonymous N.F.L. personnel were telling Sports Illustrated that they didn’t think football was ready for an openly gay player.
"We don’t think they are ready for a gay/black/etc player/character/leader."
"We aren’t ready and never will be until the rest of the world drags us along with it."
Please, tell me how being gay in the locker room is so much worse than harassment/dog fighting convictions/hazing/etc.
Please, enlighten me because this sounds like some fucking self important macho bullshit.
- sylvie1959 likes this
- azencar likes this
- plausocks reblogged this from fadflamer
- nayruthepegasister likes this
- ricothomasrico reblogged this from nativeamericannews and added:
- creepydeers reblogged this from sassyninfia
- askonebrokepony likes this
- sassyninfia likes this
- rentango likes this
- kellyluck reblogged this from nativeamericannews and added:
- ludocresh reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- father-medusa reblogged this from nativeamericannews
- father-medusa likes this
- liftweightsgetbig likes this
- nativeamericannews posted this